IBM Course Code: VW976G
This 1-day web-based course teaches you the skills that are needed to work with the WebSphere Java Batch feature of WebSphere Application Server.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the function of the WebSphere Java Batch feature
- Describe the architectural components that are used to implement the WebSphere Java Batch feature
- Configure a WebSphere Application Server environment for WebSphere Java Batch
- Manage a WebSphere Application Server environment for WebSphere Java Batch
- Submit batch application jobs in a WebSphere Batch environment
- Manage batch jobs in a WebSphere Batch environment
- Use the WebSphere Batch parallel job manager
- Integrate WebSphere Batch with an external scheduler
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is designed for administrators who configure the environment for, and manage Java batch applications on, WebSphere Application Server. Application developers and infrastructure architects can also benefit from this course.
You should have a good understanding of WebSphere Application Server architecture and administration.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course introduction
- WebSphere Java Batch overview
- WebSphere Java Batch architecture
- Demonstration: Configuring a WebSphere environment to support WebSphere Java Batch
- Preparing and submitting batch jobs
- Demonstration: Submitting batch jobs
- Managing batch jobs
- Demonstration: �Managing batch jobs
- The parallel job manager
- Demonstration: Parallel job management
- Other WebSphere Java Batch topics
- Demonstration: External scheduler integration
- Course summary