IBM Course Code: WE620
In this 3-day instructor-led course, you learn how to perform system administration tasks for the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances. This course focuses on the following appliances:
- WebSphere DataPower XML Security Gateway XG45
- WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52
- WebSphere DataPower Integration Blade XI50B
- WebSphere DataPower Integration Blade XI50z
- WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB62
Most of the information also applies to other DataPower appliances.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Configure an appliance for its initial deployment
- Download and upgrade the firmware on the DataPower appliances
- Create and manage user accounts, groups, and domains
- Configure Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to and from WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
- Manage the migration of service configurations
- Ensure high availability of DataPower appliances by using load balancer groups, clustering, Intelligent Load Distribution, self-balancing, and the On Demand Router
- Manage appliances, domains, and services by using WebSphere Appliance Management Center
- Troubleshoot and debug services by using the problem determination tools, logs, and probes that are provided with the DataPower appliance
- Configure logging of messages to external locations
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is designed for administrators who install, manage, and monitor IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances. The course is also relevant for developers who administer appliances.
- You should have a successful completion of IBM online course Technical Introduction to WebSphere DataPower V6 (VW600). This course contains DataPower introductory and overview information that is not covered in this course. You must start this course with the DataPower baseline knowledge gained from attending the introduction course.
- You should be familiar with networking protocols, security, and XML.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course introduction
- Initial setup
- Exercise: Exercise setup
- Managing firmware
- DataPower administration overview
- Administration interfaces
- Exercise: Using the CLI and the XML management interface to manage DataPower appliances
- DataPower services overview
- Configuring appliance access
- Clustering and failover
- Exercise: Using the troubleshooting tools to debug errors
- DataPower cryptographic tools and SSL setup
- Exercise: Securing connections with SSL
- DataPower caching
- Configuration migration
- Exercise: Managing configuration information
- Appliance management tools
- Exercise: Using WebSphere Appliance Management Center
- Logging and log targets
- Exercise: Logging to an external log system
- Course summary