IBM Course Code: NGT53
PureFlex Systems are fully integrated systems with unified management of compute, storage, networking, and virtualization resources that utilize built-in Patterns of Expertise based on IBM's decades of experience and thousands of client deployments. It is built on elements of the IBM Flex System. IBM Flex System includes compute, storage, systems management, and networking components. These components are pre-configured and pre-integrated. IBM Flex System offers intelligent, integrated, and flexible network architecture that can fit with your existing or future environment. These high performance Ethernet offerings coupled with on demand scalability offer an easy way to scale as IT requirements grow.
IBM Flex System Fabric is:
- Integrated: Helps manage discrete aspects of the data center as an integrated system through the built in management appliance.
- Optimized: High performance scalable offerings with available 1 Gb, 10 Gb and 40 Gb uplinks allow easy integration with existing network, providing simple and cost effective scalability for future growth.
- Automated: Automate provisioning and setup of both physical and virtual networks.
In this intermediate course, you will learn some of the more advanced Ethernet networking concepts like Virtual Fabric, Unified Fabric Ports, Easy Connect and Hybrid Stacking. The course will also help you work with Fibre Channel over Ethernet to interconnect server and storage, both inside and outside the IBM Flex System environment.
What You'll Learn
- Summarize the concepts involved in interacting with the IBM Flex System scalable switch elements and IBM System Networking RackSwitches
- Select the right I/O adapters for specific virtualization requirements
- Summarize the key advanced Ethernet features supported by IBM System Networking switches
- Design a highly available IBM Flex System environment using Stacking
- Design an easy to manage networking environment by understanding the different methods to configure Easy Connect
- Design a virtual network infrastructure using IBM�s network virtualization solutions
- Design a converged network infrastructure using FCoE in the IBM Flex System environment
Who Needs to Attend
Enrollment in this intermediate course is not restricted. Typical students may include those persons involved with the planning, installation, configuration and upgrade of the IBM PureFlex Systems where networking is involved. This may include:
- IT Consultants
- Technical IBM personnel
- Business Partner technical personnel
The following courses are required prior to this course:
- IBM PureFlex System Fundamentals (NGT11)
- IBM PureFlex Networking Implementation (NGT51)
- IBM PureFlex System Fundamentals (NGT11G)
- IBM PureFlex Networking Implementation (NGT51G)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Welcome: Course administration and introductions
- Unit 1: Network Virtualization Features
- Unit 2: Easy Connect and IEEE 802.1Qbg
- Unit 3: Introduction to Convergence
- Exercise period 1
- Unit 4: Convergence in IBM PureFlex Systems
- Unit 5: Switch Configurations: FCoE and Hybrid Stacking
- Exercise period 2