IBM Course Code: AT12G
Learn problem solving skills related to the Logical Volume Manager (LVM) on AIX. The course includes discussions on how to identify and fix common LVM issues.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the components and types of commands for LVM
- Describe the LVM structure and concepts associated with physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes, physical partitions, logical partitions
- Describe the LVM metadata structures and their purpose
- Collect data to help determine the cause of LVM issues
- Identify commands and techniques used to resolve LVM issues
- Describe common LVM problem scenarios and use techniques to resolve them
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is intended for AIX administrators working on AIX logical volume manager problems.
You should have completed:
- AIX Problem Determination I: Boot Issues (AT11)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- LVM Components
- LVM Metadata
- Disk Replacement and Other LVM Issues