Manage, monitor, and diagnose common faults with Communication Manager Release 6.x and peripheral applications.
Learn about troubleshooting and maintenance for Avaya Aura® Communication Manager in this course. You will focus on Communication Manager Release 6.x and the complementary Avaya Aura® products: Communication Manager Messaging, Branch Session Manager, Utility Server, and System Platform.
Topics you will cover include:
- Maintaining Communication Manager firmware, software, and service packs
- Managing the backup and restore function
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware faults, software alarms, and events
Lab exercises simulate common hardware and software fault conditions providing you an opportunity to troubleshoot those faults as well as common administration problems. Related courseware references and embedded documentation supplement your training.
What You'll Learn
- Collect, manage, and analyze fault data
- Generate and interpret reports and log files
- Monitor and interpret status and fault indicators
- Isolate, troubleshoot, and clear faults/alarms
- Test and monitor hardware and software connections using application-specific and command line diagnostic tools
- Back up/restore from Communication Manager and System Platform to all supported media, including troubleshooting failed backups/restores
- Download and install firmware/software images, service packs, and data
- Resolve issues with peripheral applications/servers covered in this course
Who Needs to Attend
Avaya employees and business partners with installation and implementation responsibilities
- Avaya Aura CM Architecture, Protocols, and Features (ATU01730WEN)*
*Available from Avaya University
- Avaya Aura� Communication Manager Messaging Embedded Administration, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting (5M00050)
- Avaya Aura� Communication Manager Administration (5U00051)
- Avaya Aura� Communication Manager Implementation (ATI02348IEN)
- Avaya Aura� Communication Manager Messaging: Implementation (ATI01731VEN)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Certification Programs and Certificate Tracks
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS) - Avaya Aura� Communication Manager and CM Messaging - Embedded