Configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch.
In this course, you will cover the key components and procedures you need to know to install and manage Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches. You will learn to configure and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus 1000V product features.
Additionally, we have enhanced the standard Cisco labs to include more in-depth exploration of sought-after technologies, allowing you to work with both VMware ESXi 5.0 and VMware vCenter Server 5.0.
What You'll Learn
- Configure and manage the Cisco Nexus 1000V
- Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance (VSA) and Virtual Service Blades (VSBs) in a data center environment
- Features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance, and
- Integrate products into the Cisco virtual architecture
- Configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch
- Use Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch features in the data center virtual infrastructure design
Who Needs to Attend
- Network engineers, server engineers, designers, administrators, and systems engineers
- Anyone who installs, configures, or manages the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- CCNA Routing and Switching certification or CCNA-equivalent knowledge
- Familiarity with networking protocols and technologies
- Familiarity with the VMware environment
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Virtual Networking Architecture
- Virtual Infrastructure
- Networking in the VMware Infrastructure
- Configuring VMware Switching
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch
- Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and VSBs
- Installing and Upgrading the Virtual Supervisor and Virtual Ethernet Modules
2. Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Feature Configuration
- Configuring Port Profiles
- Configuring Security Features
- Configuring Quality of Service
- Configuring Management Features
- Configuring System Management Features
- Using Basic Troubleshooting Tools
The hands-on labs for this course are based on VMware vSphere v5.0.
Lab 1: Set up the Lab Environment
Lab 2: Install the Cisco Nexus 1000V VSM
Lab 3: Install the Cisco Nexus 1000V VEM
Lab 4: Upgrade the Cisco Nexus 1000V VSM and VEM
Lab 5: Optimize the Cisco Nexus 1000V Implementation
Lab 6: Configure Security Features
Lab 7: Configure Quality of Service
Lab 8: Configure Management Features
Lab 9: Configure Troubleshooting Features