IBM Course Code: ZB307
This course introduces application developers to IBM WebSphere ILOG JRules business rule management system (BRMS) modules.
Through instructor-led presentations, product demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises, students who take this course learn the concepts, architecture, components, processes, and procedures needed to develop and implement an integrated business rule solution using IBM WebSphere ILOG JRules BRMS V7.1. Students also learn how to perform basic tasks, such as setting up a business rule application based on Java or Extensible Markup Language (XML), developing the object models required to author and execute business rule artifacts, authoring, debugging, and reviewing the business rule artifacts required to implement enterprise business policies, integrating developed business rule artifacts within an enterprise environment, and identifying rule governance issues.
The course also explains how to work collaboratively with business users and enable them to independently maintain or develop business rule artifacts, and perform tests and simulations to validate them.
In the intensive hands-on lab exercises, students apply their newly acquired core knowledge and skills to design and develop business rule projects, enable business rule management and validation by business users, and integrate a comprehensive business rule solution that exploits the core features of IBM WebSphere ILOG JRules BRMS V7.1.
What You'll Learn
- Describe, at a high level, the process of building a business rule application with IBM WebSphere ILOG JRules BRMS V7.1
- Design business rule projects
- Design business object models upon which rules will be written
- Design Java- or XML-based execution object models upon which rules will be executed
- Orchestrate how business rule artifacts in rule projects will be executed
- Author the required business rule artifacts to implement business policies
- Search or query for business rule artifacts
- Analyze the consistency and completeness of business rule projects, and report on them
- Ensure that the implemented business logic is error-free
- Enable business users to manage business rule artifacts
- Enable business users to perform tests and simulations with business rule artifacts
- Integrate developed rule artifacts for execution within an enterprise environment
- Build efficient and easy-to-maintain business rule client applications
- Apply best practices for rule governance
Who Needs to Attend
This course is for application developers.
- Experience with the Java programming language
- Experience with Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE)
- Knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course introduction
- Introducing business rules
- Introducing JRules BRMS
- Programming with business rules
- Developing business object models
- Orchestrating ruleset execution
- Authoring rules
- Reviewing rules
- Debugging rules
- Enabling business rule management
- Enabling tests and simulations for business users
- Deploying rules to Rule Execution Server
- Executing rules with Rule Execution Server
- Working with XML
- Introducing rule governance (optional)
- Course summary