IBM Course Code: RL362
This course teaches you how to use IBM Rational Policy Tester effectively. It combines both class lectures and hands-on lab work. The course presents how to use Rational Policy Tester to test for web application and site quality, privacy and accessibility issues. The course is presented in the context of real-world deployments of the product by teaching students based on best practices.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the capabilities of IBM Rational Policy Tester
- Select a suitable test environment and understand the site to be scanned
- Explain the potential risks of conducting an automated scan
- Work with dashboards, jobs, folders, reports, and alerts
- Explain the differences between manual and automatic exploration
- Configure, run, and optimize scans
- Use scan logs and identify messages, export a scan log, and troubleshoot scans
- Describe the process of analyzing scan results and using issue management
- Explain the architecture of IBM Rational Policy Tester
- Administer users, groups, and manage access control
- Create scan templates and test policies
- Describe best practices for generating management reports
- Explain the major tasks and factors involved in a Rational Policy Tester deployment
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for regulatory and compliance auditors and managers, quality assurance practitioners, and web application developers who need to understand web application compliance testing reports, run web application compliance scans on web applications, and administer Rational Policy Tester.
Web developers, managers, or team leaders who are responsible for interacting with testers or who need to ensure that the tools are being implemented fully and appropriately.
You should have:
- Essentials of Web Accessibility (RT305)
- Basic understanding of Web site development
- Basic HyperText Markup Language (HTML)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Getting started
- Exploring your site
- Optimizing your scan
- Testing your site
- Analyzing results
- Results reporting