IBM Course Code: QQ139
This course teaches you UML and Rational Rhapsody's core capabilities, enabling you to rapidly develop applications using UML. The course is given in the C++ language using Rational Rhapsody for C++. You do reverse engineering integrate a C programming code example into a C++ project. Using hands-on exercises that replicate ''real world'' applications, you forge a strong UML and Rational Rhapsody foundation and learn how to optimally leverage the solution's automation of software development activities and artifact generation capabilities.
What You'll Learn
- Rapidly educate your team in the best practices for Rational Rhapsody based development
- Learn through rapid ''hands on'' structural and behavioral code generation and design level debugging
- Review and solidify UML foundations and then apply these concepts using Rational Rhapsody's synchronized model and code editors
- Master the Rational Rhapsody product architectural details in order to customize and fit your specific needs as a software developer
- Reverse engineer a C code library for visualization in Rational Rhapsody
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for Project Managers, Technical Leads, Software Engineers, and Software-level System Engineers.
Knowledge of software engineering concepts and process is assumed
Familiarity with the C++ programming language is also useful when creating executable models with Rational Rhapsody
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- UML Fundamentals Including UML Overview: Object Discovery Strategies, Modeling Structure, Behavior and Communication, Interfaces and Ports
- Essential Tool Training - Basic Rational Rhapsody: Behavioral Code Generation, Complex Reactive Behavior, Structural Relations in Code
- Essential Tool Training - Case Study: A Fully Deployable Interactive Model Creation and Debugging Session
- Essential Tool Training - Advanced Rational Rhapsody: Introduction to Code-centric development and the Rational Rhapsody Framework, Triggered Operations, Generating Reports with ReporterPlus and RPE, Managing Interrupts, Multicore, Introduction to Configuration Management, Introduction to Rational TestConductor