IBM Course Code: TOS53G
This course provides a technical overview of the IBM Automation Control for z/OS 1.1 product. The units of study include lecture and demonstrations that cover product overview, concepts, customization, and operations. The focus of the course is the System Operations component of IBM Automation Control for z/OS 1.1. This course does not include virtual labs.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the purpose and features of IBM Automation Control for z/OS 1.1
- Describe the concepts behind the architecture and design of the IBM Automation Control for z/OS 1.1 System Operations component
- Implement and navigate the IBM Automation Control for z/OS 1.1 ISPF Customization dialogs to perform automation policy definition and customization for the System Operations component
- Describe and use the IBM Automation Control for z/OS 1.1 Operational NetView interface to manage and control the operational environment of a z/OS system
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for system programmers and operators who want to learn about the System Operations component of IBM Automation Control for z/OS 1.1.
You should have:
- Strong z/OS operational skills
- JCL programming skills
- ISPF dialog navigation skills
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- IBM Automation Control for z/OS overview
- Architecture and details
- Customization and policy definition for system operations
- Automation control operations