IBM Course Code: F218G
This course describes the Case Analyzer services and the data provided in the Case Analyzer store, which is essential for developing analytic reports and dashboards. It covers the analytic tools provided with IBM Case Manager.
You work with a fully functioning IBM Case Manager 5.2 system to practice the skills required to create custom dashboards to monitor case activity.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Understand Case Analyzer services and the data provided to support reporting and monitoring.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to expose custom case properties to the Case Analyzer store and create custom dashboards to monitor case activity.
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for:
- A Business Analyst responsible for scoping the high-level solution and planning reports.
- A Solution Architect responsible for developing the overall design, and assisting the Business Analyst with complex case and data modeling.
- A System Administrator responsible for configuring Case Analyzer and property auditing.
- An Application Developer responsible for designing solution reports.
You should have completed:
- IBM Case Manager 5.2 Introduction to Case Manager (F2150) (F2159)
- Unit 1: IBM Case Manager 5.2: Build and Migrate a Solution (F2120) (F2129)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Describe the fundamentals of Case Analyzer services
- Understand how to expose custom case properties to the Case Analyzer store
- Describe Online Analytical Processing fundamentals
- Understand the Analytic tools provided with IBM Case Manager and the reports provided
- Monitor case activity with IBM Cognos Real-time Monitoring