IBM Course Code: J0411G
IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay: Migrating from Series 7 PowerPlay (version 8.4) is a one day self-paced course that provides attendees with knowledge of the IBM Cognos 8 environment, how PowerPlay Web and Client applications work within IBM Cognos 8, how to migrate PowerPlay applications to IBM Cognos 8, and how to administer new and migrated applications in IBM Cognos 8.
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is intended for existing Series 7 PowerPlay administrators who are administering new PowerPlay 8 applications in the IBM Cognos 8 environment and migrating existing Series 7 PowerPlay applications to the IBM Cognos 8 environment.
Required and Recommended courses:
- Series 7 PowerPlay Enterprise Server (Required)
- Cognos 8 BI Administration (version 8.3) (Required)
- Series 7 PowerPlay Client (Recommended)
- Series 7 PowerPlay Web (Recommended)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Introduction to IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay
- Identify how Performance Management through IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay fits into the IBM Information on Demand theme.
- Examine how IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay administration tasks fit into the Cognos 8 BI administration workflow.
- Identify how IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay user interface and server components relate to other IBM Cognos 8 BI components
- Compare Series 7 PowerPlay components to IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay components
- Identify the aspects of Series 7 PowerPlay that are not part of IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay
- Examine the IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay migration experience
Migrate Series 7 PowerPlay to IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay
- Identify what is migrated
- Migrate IBM Series 7 PowerPlay content
- Migrate IBM Series 7 Upfront content
- Migrate interoperability content
- Open migrated reports in other Cognos 8 Studios
- Migrate bookmarks
- Examine other migration considerations
Administer PowerPlay Migration to IBM Cognos 8
- Schedule and monitor migration tasks
- Audit a PowerPlay migration
Administer IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay Content and Services
- Identify differences in administering PowerPlay cubes and reports in Cognos Administration
- Administer the PowerPlay service, including property settings and system metrics for the PowerPlay service
- Secure IBM Cognos 8 BI PowerPlay using the Cognos 8 security model