IBM Course Code: B2427G
The IBM Cognos 8 BI Query Studio: Build Ad Hoc Reports (v8.4) course teaches business authors how to create, modify and organize ad hoc reports. You will learn how to create and format different types of reports, highlight report items using conditional formatting, create filters to focus reports, and apply report templates.
Who Needs to Attend
This course is intended for Business authors.
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using basic Windows functionality
- Experience using a Web browser
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Introduction to Query Studio
- Examine Query Studio
- Examine packages
- Explore report types
- Add data to ad hoc reports
- Save ad hoc reports
- Create list, grouped list, and crosstab reports
- Examine the available charts and their appropriate use
- Use dimensional data to create reports and analyze the report details
- Calculate and sort report data
- Define a custom group to create your own report item
- Create multi-fact queries
- Highlight report values using conditional styles
- Focus the scope of a report using filters
- Format report objects
- Apply a report template