IBM Course Code: B2469G
The IBM Cognos 8 BI Transformer: Creating PowerCubes (v8.4) course teaches modelers how to create PowerCubes for analysis within the IBM Cognos 8 BI Studios. Slide presentations include information on Transformer, modeling basics, PowerCubes, and general information on dimensional analysis. Through a demo, you will learn how to access a data source, build a model, generate and explore categories, generate a PowerCube, publish the PowerCube to IBM Cognos Connection, and analyze the PowerCube in IBM Cognos 8 BI Analysis Studio.
Who Needs to Attend
This course is intended for Metadata Modelers who wish to learn how to create PowerCubes for dimensional analysis.
- Experience using basic Windows functionally
- Intel Pentium III 450MHz or faster processor
- 128MB of RAM
- Windows 2000 or XP
- IE 5.5 or higher
- Flash 7 or higher
- ActiveX enabled (browser based deployment only)
- Screen resolution of 1024x768 minimum, high color 16-bit display
- Headset (recommended) or speakers
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. What is IBM Cognos 8 Transformer
- Define the role of IBM Cognos 8 Transformer
- Define a model
2. What is a PowerCube
- Define a PowerCube
- Define the OLAP cube structure
- Examine dimensional analysis
3. Build, Publish and Analyze a PowerCube
- A demo showing how to create a model, add dimensions and levels, generate categories, build a cube, and create an analysis