IBM Course Code: B2406G
The IBM Cognos 8 Go! Search: Introduction (v8.4) multimedia vignette teaches consumers, authors, and analysts how to find reports, agents, metrics, packages and other IBM Cognos content by searching both within IBM Cognos 8 BI and externally using third-party portals and search engines. Through an instructor-led presentation, you will also learn what type of content you can and cannot search for, and how to refine your searches to help find the information you need.
Who Needs to Attend
This recording is intended for consumers, authors, or analysts who want to search IBM Cognos 8 BI content.
- Experience using Cognos Connection (recommended)
- Experience using a Web browser
- Pentium III
- 128 MB RAM
- Free Space - 400-450 MB approximately (if installed locally)
- 1024 X 768 screen resolution
- Windows 2000, XP, or Vista installed on your computer
- Sound card
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0, or Firefox 1.5 or 2.0
- Macromedia Flash Player 7.0 or higher
- Flash Global Security Setting must be set to allow Flash content to use older security rules
- Minimum color depth/quality (monitor settings) of Medium (16-bit); �For LMS deployment: SCORM 1.2 or 2004 compatible LMS
- Headset (recommended) or speakers
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Describe searchable content
- Search for content from within IBM Cognos 8 BI
- Explore search results
- Refine searches using the refinement interface
- Search for content using third-party search engines