IBM Course Code: B5219G
IBM Cognos BI Administration: Architecture and Logging (V10.2) is a two-day instructor-led course that teaches participants how to identify components and sub-components of the IBM Cognos BI architecture and how to use tools and techniques to provide a foundation to troubleshoot issues. Through lecture and interactive exercises participants will identify IBM Cognos BI components, examine how these components interact with Java, and will explore logging to assist when troubleshooting issues.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
Who Needs to Attend
This advanced course is intended for Administrators responsible for administering the IBM Cognos 10.2 BI environment.
- IBM Cognos BI Administration (V10.2) course or equivalent experience administering the IBM Cognos BI environment.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Introduction and Service-Oriented Architecture
- definition of components
- Service-Oriented Architecture in IBM Cognos
- Explore the IBM Cognos Dispatcher
- describe IBM Cognos Dispatcher
- describe request routing
- describe the routing process
- describe Content Manager Cache Service
- Examine IBM Cognos Services
- identify IBM Cognos Services
- review collaboration functionality
- explore the architecture in IBM Cognos 10
- Explore Java Memory Management
- overview of Java
- manage Java memory
- explain tools to monitor Java
- Examine Audit Logging and Indication Processing Facility Logging
- overview of installation logs and configuration logs
- explore audit logging
- explore IPF logging
- Perform Dye Tracing
- determine requirements
- perform dye tracing
- Explore Dynamic Query Mode
- explain Dynamic Query Mode (DQM) logging
- explain IBM Cognos Dynamic Query Analyzer (DQA)
- Explore Component Logging
- explore component logging for Gateway, Dispatcher, Report Server, and Universal Data Access layer
- Examine Additional Tools and Special Task Logging
- examine diagnostic tools and utilities for special task logging