IBM Course Code: B5125G
IBM Cognos Report Studio: Introduction (V10.1/10.2) is a 5 hour Web-based training course.This course covers basic report building techniques, and how to enhance, customize, and manage professional reports in Report Studio.Through interactive learning activities, participants will learn the report building process and basic report management.
Please Note: Screen captures and simulations in this course are taken from the V10.1 of the product. However, the concepts, procedures, and tasks are all applicable to a V10.2 environment and are suitable for V10.2 user education.
What You'll Learn
Please refer to Course Overview for description information.
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is intended for Professional Report Authors.
You should have:
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Experience using the Windows operating system
- Experience using a web browser
This Web-Based Training (WBT) has the following system requirements:
- Intel Pentium 4 3GHz, AMD Athlon 64 3400+ processor (or faster)
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 operating system
- 128 MB RAM
- 128 MB of graphics memory
- Internet Explorer 6.0 SP 2, Internet Explorer 7.0 or 8.0
- Mozilla Firefox (3.5 or 3.6)
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0
- Recommended settings: 1280 X 800 screen resolution, minimum 1024 x 768
- 400 MB - 450 MB of free disk space
- Font size should be set to Normal in Display Properties
- Flash Global Security Setting must be set to allow Flash content to use older security rules
- Minimum color depth/quality (monitor settings) of Medium (16-bit)
- Minimum Bandwidth 56K
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Introduction to the Reporting Application
- Identify the Basics of Report Studio
- Create Reports Using Data Sources
Create List and Crosstab Reports
- Create List Reports
- Create Crosstab Reports
Create Chart and Map Reports
- Create and Format Chart Reports
- Create and Format Map Reports
Focus Reports Using Filters and Prompts
- Focus Reports Using Filters
- Focus Reports Using Prompts