IBM Course Code: F0439
This course is for those whose job includes responsibility for developing custom applications for an IBM FileNet Content Manager system.
Work with a fully functioning IBM FileNet P8 system to practice the skills required for using the Content Engine Java API library to develop custom applications that access the IBM FileNet P8 Content Engine. In order to practice these skills, you will write code and test content management functions.
What You'll Learn
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to create custom applications for an IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager system using the Java API.
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for
- Anyone who needs to know the capabilities of the Content Engine API for Java-based applications
- Programmers responsible for the design and development of custom Content Manager applications
You should have:
- IBM FileNet P8 Prerequisite Skills 4.5 (F040)
- Basic programming experience in Java-based technologies
- Content management concepts
- IBM FileNet P8 Platform Administration 4.5 (F042) recommended
- IBM FileNet P8 Prerequisite Skills 4.5 (F040G)
- IBM FileNet P8 Platform Administration (F042G)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Overview of Content Engine Java API
- Communicating with Content Engine
- Content Engine Java API for working with the following:
- Custom Objects
- Document Versioning
- Document Lifecycle
- Compound Documents
- Events and Subscriptions