IBM Course Code: WPW10
Do you need an effective method to capture and validate end user input, in real time, either from the Web or in stand-alone applications Are you in an industry that requires an exact match to existing paper forms to meet government or industry regulations Is there a need to upgrade the end user experience to eliminate input errors so that only validated and required data is collected by your application or service
IBM Forms provides a secure, dynamic, and intelligent front-end to on demand business processes.IBM Forms software is not just for traditional forms based industries such as insurance, banking, or government, but is applicable wherever accuracy, security, tamper-proof, and auditable end user input is important. It operates across platforms and systems by providing a no-client zero-footprint eForms solution to help you automate paper or regulated forms into stand-alone and Web based applications. With IBM Forms, you are now able to extend applications beyond the firewal with absolute security by creating a single electronic form ready for use in both thick and Web 2.0 thin client formats.
What You'll Learn
- Understanding the value IBM Forms offers to solution developers and services providers
- Exploring features of IBM Forms Viewer and IBM Forms Designer
- Using XForms to learn how to build document centric forms
- Integrating services that already exist with forms using Web services
- Using Forms Services platform with DB2
- Learning how to deliver a zero-footprint eForms solution
- Understanding integration offered with IBM Business Process Accelerator
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for IBM Forms Solution Architects and developers.
You should have:
- Good technical understanding of Internet concepts
- General understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, systems and languages
- Some knowledge of Web 2.0 concepts
- Experience with XML and Java technology is desirable.
- Experience with IBM Forms development is recommended.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Introduction to Lotus Forms
- Lotus Forms Architecture
- Lotus Forms User Tour
- XFDL and XForms
- Lotus Forms Designer
- Designing Forms
- Webform Server
- Delivering Forms via Webform Server
- HTML Extension Dialogs
- Webform Server Print Service
- Integration with Web Services
- Web Services Integration
- Integration with WebSphere Portal
- WebSphere Portal Integration
- Forms with Workflow
- Lotus Forms Server APIs
- Classic and Streaming API
- Developing an Extension
- Lotus Forms Services Platform (FSP)