This course works with Information Server V8.5.
This course is designed to introduce advanced job development techniques in DataStage V8.5.This course replaces course number (DX455).
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the parallel processing architecture and development and runtime environments
- Describe the compile process and the runtime job execution process
- Describe how partitioning and collection works in the parallel framework
- Describe sorting and buffering in the parallel framework and optimization techniques
- Describe and work with parallel framework data types
- Create reusable job components
- Use loop processing in a Transformer stage
- Process groups in a Transformer stage
- Extend the functionality of DataStage by building custom stages and creating new Transformer functions
- Use Connector stages to read and write from relational tables and handle errors in Connector stages
- Process XML data in DataStage jobs using the XML stage
- Design a job that processes a star schema database with Type 1 and Type 2 slowly changing dimensions
- List job and stage best practices
Who Needs to Attend
This advanced course is for Experienced DataStage developers seeking training in more advanced DataStage techniques and who seek an understanding of the parallel framework architecture.
- DataStage Essentials course or equivalent
- and have at least one year of experience developing parallel jobs using DataStage
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1 - Introduction to the Parallel Framework Architecture
- Unit 2 - Compilation and Execution
- Unit 3 - Partitioning and Collecting Data
- Unit 4 - Sorting Data
- Unit 5 - Buffering in Parallel Jobs
- Unit 6 - Parallel Framework Data Types
- Unit 7 - Reusable components
- Unit 8 - Advanced Transformer Logic
- Unit 9 - Extending the Functionality of Parallel Jobs
- Unit 10 - Accessing Databases (start if there is time)
- Unit 11 - Processing XML Data
- Unit 12 - Slowly Changing Dimensions Stages
- Unit 13 - Best Practices