IBM Course Code: KM631
This course is designed to teach IBM InfoSphere Fasttrack fundamentals both in concepts and hands on. The course is updated to Information Server IBM InfoSphere FastTrack Essentials V8.78.7. This course enables you to acquire the skills necessary to create mapping specifications in FastTrack and generate DataStage jobs from them. The emphasis is on mapping specifications, but the course also places you in the role of a DataStage developer tasked with completing the prototype jobs generated from the mapping specifications.
What You'll Learn
- Describe what FastTrack is used for
- Describe FastTrack features
- Log onto and navigate around FastTrack
- Import metadata to use in FastTrack mapping specifications
- Create mapping specifications
- Import and export mapping specifications
- Create joins, filters, and switches in mapping specifications
- Generate DataStage jobs from mapping specifications
- Generate mapping specifications from DataStage jobs
- Use istool to import and export FastTrack metadata assets
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for Business Analysts and DataStage Developers.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1 - Introduction to FastTrack
- Unit 2 - Working in FastTrack
- Unit 3 - Building a Simple Mapping Specification
- Unit 4 - Complex Mapping Specifications
- Unit 5 - Business Terms, Imports and Reports
- Unit 6 - Generating Mapping Specifications from DataStage jobs
- Unit 7 - Importing and Exporting FastTrack and DataStage Metadata Assets using istool