IBM Course Code: WM645
In this 4-day course, you learn how to administer IBM Integration Bus on distributed operating systems, such as Windows and AIX, by using the IBM Integration Bus administrative interfaces. These interfaces include IBM Integration Explorer, the IBM Integration web console, and the IBM Integration Bus command interface.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Install and configure an IBM Integration Bus instance
- Establish, maintain, and manage an integration node
- Use the command interface, IBM Integration Explorer, and the IBM Integration web console to administer IBM Integration Bus components
- Use problem determination aids to diagnose and solve development and runtime errors
- Implement IBM Integration Bus security
- Use IBM Integration Explorer and the IBM Integration Bus web console to generate and analyze message flow statistics
- Use the IBM Integration web console to record and reply messages
- Use workload management policies to adjust the processing speed of messages and control the actions that are taken on unresponsive flows and threads
- Implement an IBM Integration Bus global cache to store, reuse, and share data between integration nodes
- Subscribe to IBM Integration Bus topics
- Configure the integration node to support secure web services
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is designed for product administrators and developers who administer IBM Integration Bus.
You should successfully complete one of the IBM WebSphere MQ V7.5 system administration courses:
- IBM WebSphere MQ V7.5 System Administration (using Windows for labs) (WM204) or (ZM204)
- IBM WebSphere MQ V7.5 System Administration (using Linux for labs) (WM206)
You should also have hands-on experience with the Windows operating system.
Experience with IBM Integration Bus message flow development is helpful, but not required.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course introduction
- IBM Integration Bus overview
- Product installation, configuration, and security planning
- Exercise: Integration node setup and customization
- Administration in the IBM Integration Toolkit
- Exercise: Using the IBM Integration Toolkit
- Administration basics
- Exercise: Administering the runtime components
- Implementing IBM Integration Bus security
- Exercise: Administering IBM Integration Bus security
- Diagnosing problems
- Exercise: Using trace facilities
- Exercise: Identifying runtime problems
- Monitoring integration node and message flow performance
- Exercise: Recording and replaying message flow data
- Publish/subscribe implementation overview
- Exercise: Viewing runtime statistics
- Configuring IBM Integration Bus for high availability
- Exercise: Managing unresponsive message flows
- Administering web services
- Exercise: Implementing web services and web services security
- Extending IBM Integration Bus
- Course summary