IBM Course Code: TN600
This course shows you how to solve network management problems using an integrated suite of Tivoli products. The products integrated in this course include Tivoli Network Manager, Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager, and Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus. Students learn to use Netcool Network Manager to improve operational efficiency, reduce mean time to repair, and perform configuration management.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Perform alarm volume reduction
- Add business context to alarm data
- Use solution features that support alarm management workflow
- Automate corrective actions
- Perform a network discovery
- Enrich topology data with business context
- Create network views based upon business context
- Diagnose a simulated network failure
- Import network device configurations
- Evaluate compliance of device configurations to best practices
- Remediate device configurations to comply with best practices
- Diagnose network issues
- Use the bundled Tivoli Common Reports
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for anyone responsible for enterprise network management and need a high-level view of creating an effective network management framework.
You should have a basic understanding of:
- Network management concepts
- UNIX commands (this course uses a Linux environment)
- Database concepts
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Improving operational efficiency through visualization and automation
- Reducing Mean Time to Repair
- Configuration, security, and policy-based configuration management
- Using Netcool Network Manager