IBM Course Code: DW531G
In this course, you will learn the IBM Netezza Platform Software (NPS) Version 7.0 enhancements and new features, as well as how to apply them. These enhancements and new features include:
- Small query performance enhancements to increase concurrency and throughput
- Improved support for ODS workload profiles
- Workload Management enhancements to increase throughput and performance and support for Analytics
- Enhanced Event Manager templates for increased monitoring and notifications
- New capabilities for object maintenance
- New and modified system views for improved system management
In addition, you will get a brief overview of Unicode support, SQL changes and upgrade paths.
Please note: There are no exercise labs with this course.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Take advantage of page granular zone maps (PZGM)
- Use Planner Control to eliminate JIT statistics
- Balance appliance workload for differing profiles
- Improve Event Manager notifications
- Utilize new and modified system views for improved diagnostics and fault investigation
- Use enhanced object maintenance for greater flexibility in backups and restores
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is intended for application developers, system administrators, data warehouse architects, and database administrators who are familiar with IBM Netezza Platform Software (NPS) Version 6.x.
You should have knowledge on:
- Netezza Data Warehouse Appliance Usage 6.0
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1 - Small query performance improvements
- Unit 2 - Plan improvements
- Unit 3 - System management improvements
- Unit 4 - Event Manager templates and monitoring
- Unit 5 - Object maintenance
- Unit 6 - Database and SQL
- Unit 7 - Upgrade paths and supported platforms