The IBM PureFlex System is a category of computing that integrates multiple server architectures, networking, chassis, storage, and system management capability into a single system that is easy to deploy and manage.
This fundamentals class covers IBM PureSystems, IBM PureFlex System, and the new IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis along with the IBM X-Architecture and IBM Power Systems compute nodes, systems management, networking, and IBM Flex System V7000. Included are hands-on lab exercises to reinforce the learning principles associated with the Chassis Management Module, X-Architecture and Power Systems compute nodes, Flex System Manager, networking, and Flex System V7000.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Differentiate between IBM PureSystems and IBM PureFlex Systems.
- Summarize the features and functions of the IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis.
- Differentiate the characteristics of the IBM Flex System x86 Compute Node from other IBM System x servers.
- Differentiate the characteristics of the IBM Flex System Power Compute Nodes from other IBM Power servers.
- Select the proper IBM Flex System networking components based on the solution requirements.
- Classify the IBM Flex System management options.
- Critique the storage options available for the IBM Flex System.
Who Needs to Attend
This is a basic course for individuals who are involved in the planning, installing, configuring and upgrading of IBM Systems.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1: IBM PureSystems and IBM PureFlex System
- Lab 1: IBM PureFlex System introduction
- Unit 2: IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis
- Lab 2: Exploring the Chassis Management Module
- Unit 3: IBM Flex System Manager
- Lab 3: IBM Flex System Manager navigation
- Day 1 Review
- Unit 4: IBM Flex System X-Architecture compute nodes
- Lab 4: Exploring the Integrated Management Module II
- Unit 5: IBM Power Systems compute nodes
- Lab 5: IBM Power Systems compute node
- Day 2 Review
- Lab 5: IBM Power Systems compute node (continued)
- Unit 6: IBM Flex System storage
- Lab 6: Basic Flex System V7000 administration
- Unit 7: IBM Flex System networking
- Lab 7: IBM Flex System networking: Ethernet switches
- Lab 8: IBM Flex System networking: SAN switch