IBM Course Code: NGT12
The IBM PureFlex System is a new category of computing that integrates multiple server architectures, networking, chassis, storage, and system management capability into a single system that is easy to deploy and manage.
This hands-on lab class builds on the overview on the IBM PureSystems, IBM PureFlex Systems, the new IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis along with the IBM X-Architecture and IBM Power Systems compute nodes, systems management, networking, and IBM Flex System V7000 - which is covered in the prerequisite. The hands-on lab exercises are to reinforce the learning principles associated with the Chassis Management Module, X-Architecture and Power Systems compute nodes, Flex System Manager, networking and Flex System V7000.
What You'll Learn
- Differentiate between IBM PureSystems and IBM PureFlex System
- Summarize the features and functions of the IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis
- Differentiate the characteristics of the IBM Flex System x86 Compute Node from other IBM System x servers
- Differentiate the characteristics of the IBM Flex System Power Compute Nodes from other IBM Power servers
- Select the proper IBM Flex System networking components based on the solution requirements
- Classify the IBM Flex System management options
- Critique the storage options available for the IBM Flex System
Who Needs to Attend
This is a basic course for individuals who are involved in the planning, installing, configuring and upgrading of IBM Systems.
The following course, or equivalent skill, are required prior to this course:
IBM PureSystems and IBM PureFlex (NGTU1) available on YouTube - dated December 13, 2013
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1: Hands-on Lab Exercises Overview
- Lab 1: IBM PureFlex System introduction
- Lab 2: Exploring the Chassis Management Module
- Lab 3: IBM Flex System Manager navigation
- Lab 4: Exploring the Integrated Management Module II
- Lab 5: IBM Power Systems compute node
- Lab 6: Basic Flex System V7000 administration
- Lab 7: IBM Flex System networking: Ethernet switches
- Lab 8: IBM Flex System networking: SAN switch - Optional