IBM Course Code: NGTB2
The IBM PureFlex System is a new category of computing that integrates multiple server architectures, networking, chassis, storage, and system management capability into a single system that is easy to deploy and manage. This course prepares IBM Business Partners to perform foundation services for IBM PureFlex Intro and IBM PureFlex Virtualization service offerings.
Hands-on lab exercises reinforce some of the steps outlined in the foundation services for IBM PureFlex Intro and IBM PureFlex Virtualization service offerings.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- List the foundation services performed for IBM PureFlex Intro and IBM PureFlex Virtualization service offerings
- Carry out initial quick start configuration steps for the IBM Flex System Chassis Management Module and the Flex System Manager
- Carry out configuration steps to zone, map volumes, and manage the IBM Flex System V7000 Storage Node in the IBM PureFlex environment
- Perform configuration steps, such as IP addressing, zoning, VLANs, and other typical Ethernet settings, with the IBM Flex System
- Carry out the installation and configuration steps necessary to create and manage a Power Systems virtual server
- Recognize the features of the IBM Flex System Manager VMControl component
- Perform an initial configuration of an X-Architecture compute node using server configuration patterns
- Perform a deployment of a compute node image to an X-Architecture compute node
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for IBM Business Partners charged with performing IBM PureFlex Intro Services and IBM PureFlex Virtualization service offerings.
- IBM PureFlex System Fundamentals
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1: IBM PureFlex System Overview
- Unit 2: Quick Start guides for IBM PureFlex System
- Unit 3: IBM PureFlex System Storage considerations
- Exercise 1: Basic Flex System V7000 administration
- Unit 4: Networking in IBM PureFlex System editions
- Exercise 2: IBM PureFlex Ethernet fundamentals
- Unit 5: IBM PureFlex Power Systems PowerVM
- Unit 5 (cont): IBM PureFlex Power Systems PowerVM
- Exercise 3: Power node virtual servers
- Unit 6: IBM Flex System Manager VMControl overview
- Unit 7: Configuration patterns and compute node image deployment
- Exercise 4: Deploy compute node images
- Exercise 5: Installing and Configuring VMware vCenter Server
- Exercise 6: Virtual server lifecycle management using VMControl
Appendix A: Configuring a compute node using configuration patterns using FSM 1.3