IBM Course Code: NGP10G
The IBM PureFlex System is a new category of computing that integrates multiple server architectures, networking, chassis, storage, and system management capability into a single system that is easy to deploy and manage.
This self-paced introductory class covers the new IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis along with the x86 and Power compute nodes, systems management, networking, and the external storage device - IBM Storwize V7000.
What You'll Learn
- Differentiate between IBM PureSystems and IBM PureFlex Systems.
- Summarize the features and functions of the IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis.
- Differentiate the characteristics of the IBM Flex System x86 Compute Node from other IBM System x servers.
- Differentiate the characteristics of the IBM Flex System Power Compute Nodes from other IBM Power servers.
- Select the proper IBM Flex System networking components based on the solution requirements.
- Classify the IBM Flex System management options.
- Critique the storage options available for the IBM Flex System.
Who Needs to Attend
This is a basic course for individuals who are involved in the planning, installing, configuring and upgrading of IBM Systems.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1: IBM PureSystems and IBM PureFlex System
- Unit 2: IBM Flex System Enterprise Chassis
- Unit 3: IBM Flex System x240 Compute Node
- Unit 4: IBM Flex System p260 and p460 Compute Nodes
- Unit 5: IBM Flex System networking
- Unit 6: IBM Flex System systems management
- Unit 7: IBM Flex System storage