The IBM® Sterling Connect:Direct® for UNIX Fundamentals course is a three day course that introduces you to Sterling Connect:Direct for UNIX, the Sterling Connect:Direct Process Language, and the Sterling Connect:Direct File Agent. You will install and navigate within Sterling Connect:Direct for UNIX, submit processes to transfer data, and apply troubleshooting and performance tuning techniques.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Describe Sterling Connect:Direct for UNIX and the process for installing it.
- Start and stop Sterling Connect:Direct for UNIX.
- Use Job Control and History commands with the Command Line Interface.
- Describe, identify, and customize Initialization Parameters files, Network Map files, and Authorization Information files.
- Locate and identify Client Configuration files and Authentication Key files.
- Describe and use the submit, select, change, delete, flush, stop, and statistic commands.
- Install and use Requestor for Windows.
- Describe the Process Language.
- Write a COPY, Conditional, RUN JOB, RUN TASK, SUBMIT, and SYMBOL statements.
- Explain why and when to use the ndmxlt, apnotify, and ndmmsg utilities.
- Restart a process.
- Use the trace command to gather troubleshooting information.
- Describe the Session Manager Protocol and the Life Cycle Process.
- Apply performance tuning methods to Sterling Connect:Direct for UNIX.
- Describe, install, and use the Sterling Connect:Direct File Agent
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for UNIX User.
- Working knowledge of vi Editor
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- About Sterling Connect:Direct
- Preparing to Use Sterling Connect:Direct
- Verifying the Installation
- Configuration Files
- Initialization Parameters
- Client Configuration File
- Client and Server Authentication Key Files
- Network Map Files
- User Authorization Information Files
- Submitting Processes
- Selecting Processes
- Changing processes
- Deleteing and Flushing Processes
- Stopping Sterling Conect:Direct
- Selecting Statistics
- Using the Requestor
- Introduction to Process Language
- COPY Statement
- Conditional Statements
- RUN JOB and RUN TASK Statement
- SUBMIT Statement
- SYMBOL Statement
- Putting It All Together
- Restarting a Process
- Running Traces
- Session Manager
- Performance and Tuning
- About Sterling Connect:Direct File Agent
- Getting Started with Sterling Connect:Direct File Agent