The IBM® Sterling Secure Proxy course is a four day course that is designed to train the Enterprise Architect, Network Architect/Engineer, Network or Information Security Specialist, and other IT personnel to deploy, use, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot the Sterling Secure Proxy application.
This hands-on Sterling Secure Proxy course allows you to practice and test skills in:
- Simple proxy configurations (FTP, HTTP, IBM® Sterling Connect:Direct®)
- Use of the Perimeter Server
- Application of Public Key Infrastucture (PKI) in Sterling Secure Proxy (SSL, SSH, Certificate Management)
- Advanced Authentication topics (Single Sign-On, External Authentication, LDAP, and Active Directory)
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
The course is designed to enable you to:
- Complete an Information Gathering Worksheet
- Configure Sterling Secure Proxy for various applications
- Install Sterling Secure Proxy in a training environment
- Test and audit SSP
- Perform field-level troubleshooting
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for Network Savvy IT Professionals such as:
- Enterprise Architect
- Network Architect/Engineer
- Network Security Specialist and other IT personnel
- Some exposure to Sterling B2B Applications is helpful.
While not required, it is recommended that you review topics in the OSI Reference Model.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
The following agenda list the topics that will be covered:
- Sterling Secure Proxy Overview
- Terminology and Session Requirements
- Configuration Manager
- Initial Configuration
- HTTP Reverse Proxy
- FTP Reverse Proxy
- EA and Single Sign-On