IBM Course Code: 6T816
The Configuring a WMS Solution course introduces learners to the basic configurations required to implement a IBM® Sterling Warehouse Management Solution. Learners will define supply chain elements, such as organization hierarchy, warehouse layouts, security models, and inbound and outbound processes, to create a Sterling WMS solution.
What You'll Learn
- Define the organization hierarchy, process model, and security model of a warehouse.
- Configure the node infrastructure.
- Configure product attributes.
- Configure the process, tasks, and transactions for:
- An inbound order
- An Outbound order
- A Return order
- Value Added Services
- Integrate Sterling Multi-Channel Fulfillment with third party hosts, MHEs, and TMSs.
- Configure the Sterling Multi-Channel Fulfillment print infrastructure.
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is designed for the application Implementation Team, Functional Consultant/Designer, and Warehouse Analyst/Super User.
You should have:
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management
- Ability to navigate within Windows NT and UNIX operating systems and familiarity with relational database concepts
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course Overview
- WMS Concepts
- Modeling Participants
- Managing Security and Access
- Defining the Warehouse Layout
- Configuring Product Attributes
- Configuring Inventory
- Task Management Framework
- Inbound Shipment Planning and Receipt Process Transactions
- Inbound Execution: Configuring Receiving Transactions
- Inbound Execution: Configuring Putaway
- Configuring Counts
- Managing Outbound Shipments
- Configuring Picking
- Configuring Packing
- Configuring Value Added Services
- Configuring the Return Process
- Configuring the Productivity Framework
- Reviewing Integration and Prints
- Course Wrap Up