IBM Course Code: SS270
Learn IBM TS1120 and LTO4 Tape Encryption examines its components. �The IBM tape encryption key manager is discussed along with the benefits provided by IBM tape encryption. System managed tape encryption using z/OS and DFSMS and the AIX device driver are presented. Application managed tape encryption using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) is also discussed.This course will also go into details on the new EKM Release 2 along with the differences of using LTO4 tape encryption for open systems.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Describe IBM tape encryption and the benefits of using it.
- Define the IBM tape encryption key manager (EKM).
- Illustrate system managed using the AIX device driver.
- Characterize application managed tape encryption using the Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM).
- Discover what is new in EKM Release 2
- Understandhow to use new EKM Release 2 with TS1120 tape drives
- Know the differences between TS1120 encryption and LTO4
- State system managed tape encryption system managed on System z using �z/OS and DFSMS
- Explain the purpose of IBM tape encryption �z/OS keys and how they are used.
- Specify the steps involved in configuring IBM tape encryption.
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is intended for individuals responsible for implementing IBM Tape Encryption.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Encryption Key Manager (EKM)
- System-Managed Encryption: AIX Device Driver
- Application-Managed Encryption: Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)
- TS3500 Tape Encryption
- 3592 E05 Encryption
- EKM Release 2
- LTO4 Encryption
- System Managed Encryption: z/OS DFSMS
- z/OS Key Management
- Tape Encryption Configuration