IBM Course Code: TOS47G
This course provides the skills required to operate, configure, and install the IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager solution for managing, modifying, and ensuring the compliance of network device configurations. Through extensive hands-on exercises you learn to manage network devices and the creation of compliance policies to ensure correct configuration settings. Class work includes the installation and initial configuration of the software so network discovery can run. You also work with the integrations between IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager, IBM Tivoli Network Manager, and IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus to gain experience about how these solutions work together to help manage the network.
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for technical sales and customer support personnel responsible for using Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager to configure network devices.
You should have the following skills:
- Basic Unix/Linux operating skills for installation and maintenance
- Ability to create users and groups, create and change permissions on directories, use FTP, and experience with command line text editors such as vi.
- Basic understanding of network device configuration process
- TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Basic understanding of database technology
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager Overview
- Configuration Manager Interface
- Single Change Configuration Management
- Mass Change Configuration Management
- Administrative Tasks
- Netcool Integrations
- Authentication and Authorization Model
- Device Management
- Using Workflow and Scheduling
- UOW Management
- IBM Device Terminal
- Advanced Command Sets
- Device OS Upgrade Manager
- Out-of-Band Change (OOBC) daemon
- Compliance Manager Interface
- Compliance Reports
- Build and Run a Policy
- Advanced Definitions
- Pre-emptive Compliance