IBM Course Code: TS631G
IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager for Virtual Environments 6.4 provides off-host block-level incremental backup and file recovery and instant restore from a full-VM backup for Windows and Linux guest machines. In addition, with IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager for Virtual Environments 6.4, the backup-archive client can perform block-level incremental backups. In this 1-day course, you learn to install and configure the product, perform full and incremental backup operations, recover individual files and folders, restore volumes, and restore entire virtual machines.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Install Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments
- Install and configure the new Data Protection for VMware vCenter plug-in component
- Use the wizard to configure Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments
- Perform a full VM level offline backup and restore operation
- Perform a full VM level online backup operation
- Perform a full VM level offline backup using the Tivoli Storage Manager Backup-Archive GUI
- Perform incremental forever block-level backup operations using CBT
- Restore individual files and folders from a full VM-level backup
- Perform an instant restore operation of a protected volume
- Use the new Data Protection for VMware vCenter plug-in component
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is designed for operators and administrators who are using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager to protect data in a virtual environment.
You should have:
- Experience as an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager administrator.
- A good understanding of virtual environment concepts and terminology, especially VMware vCenter, the vSphere Client interface, and ESX data stores
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1: Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments Overview
- Unit 2: Installation and Configuration
- Unit 3: Backup and restore operations
- Unit 4: Recovery Agent operations
- Unit 5: Plug-in interface operations
- Unit 6: Advanced operations and functions