IBM Course Code: TS632G
Learn to install and configure the product, perform full and incremental backup operations, recover individual files and folders, restore volumes, and restore entire virtual machines. You learn to use the new installation wizard to install and configure the product, use the new stand-alone web GUI to perform Full VM Backup operations, Full VM Restore operations, Full VM Instant Restore operations, and Full VM Instant Access operations. You also use the Recovery Agent interface to recover individual files and folders from a point-in-time snapshot and to perform Near-Instant Volume recovery operations.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Install the Data Protection for VMware suite
- Configure Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments 7.1
- Use the new Data Protection for VMware GUI
- Perform Full VM Backup operations
- Perform Full VM Restore operations
- Perform Full VM Instant Restore operations
- Perform Full VM Instant Access operations
- Recover individual files and folders
- Perform Near-Instant Volume Recovery operations
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate-level course is for operators and administrators who are using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager to protect data in a virtual environment.
You should have:
- Experience as an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager administrator. These skills can be acquired by completing course IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1 Implementation and Administration (TS613).
- A good understanding of virtual environment concepts and terminology, especially VMware vCenter, the vSphere Client interface, and ESX data stores.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments Overview
- Backup and recovery operations
- Recovery Agent operations