IBM Course Code: SS260
Learn the IBM System Storage Virtualization Engine TS7700. This course examines the IBM System Storage Virtualization Engine TS7700. It provides an overview of all the components that make up the TS7700 subsystem. This class goes into how the TS7700 is defined using hardware configuration definition (HCD). It explains the concept of Grid and the operation of the Grid. This class discusses advanced policy management, pre-install planning, and performance. This class also discusses the management components and Grid disaster and failover.
What You'll Learn
- Discuss hardware that makes up the TS7700
- Discuss HCD definitions used to install TS7700
- Discuss policy management
- Discuss pre-installation planning of the TS7700
- Discuss the migration considerations for installing the TS7700
- Discuss Grid disaster and recovery and failover scenarios
- Discuss enhancements in release levels R1.1 to R1.5
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is intended for individuals responsible for IBM System Storage Virtualization Engine TS7700 installation, configuration and operation.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- TS7700 Overview
- TS770 Grid Architecture and Operations
- Host Definition (HCD) for the TS7740
- Advanced Policy Management (APM)
- Pre-installation Planning
- RAS and TS3000 System Console
- Migration Considerations
- Management Components
- TS7700 Grid Failover, High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- TS770 statistics and tools
- TS7700 release 1.1 through 1.5