IBM Course Code: ZV22G
This course is designed to assist the z/VM system administrator with the implementation of the IBM Wave for z/VM product and all of its additional required products.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Implement the DirMaint product on a z/VM 6.3.0 system
- Implement the Performance Toolkit for z/VM on a z/VM 6.3.0 system
- Implement the IBM Wave for z/VM product on a z/VM 6.3.0 guest Linux system
- Administer a z/VM system environment using IBM Wave for z/VM
- Clone new Linux on System z instances using the IBM Wave for z/VM product
- Maintain elements of a z/VM system environment using IBM Wave for z/VM
Who Needs to Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for the installation and configuration of the IBM Wave for z/VM product. This person should be familiar with basic z/VM system programmer skills.
You should attend Installing, Configuring and Servicing z/VM for Linux Guests (ZV062) or zVM and zLinux Bootcamp (ZL000) or have equivalent knowledge to successfully complete this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1 - IBM Wave for z/VM overview
- Unit 2 - IBM Wave for z/VM changes to z/VM
- Exercise 1 - z/VM logon overview
- Exercise 2 - Changes to z/VM for IBM Wave for z/VM
- Unit 3 - DirMaint implementation
- Exercise 3 - DirMaint implementation
- Unit 4 - DirMaint operations and commands
- Exercise 4 - DirMaint operations and commands
- Unit 5 - Performance Toolkit for z/VM implementation
- Exercise 5 - Performance Toolkit for z/VM implementation
- Unit 6 - IBM Wave for z/VM implementation
- Exercise 6 - IBM Wave for z/VM implementation
- Unit 7 - IBM Wave for z/VM administrator functions
- Exercise 7 - IBM Wave for z/VM administrator functions
- Unit 8 - IBM Wave for z/VM cloning functions
- Exercise 8 - IBM Wave for z/VM cloning functions
- Unit 9 - IBM Wave for z/VM maintenance functions
- Exercise 9 - IBM Wave for z/VM maintenance functions