IBM Course Code: ZA007G
This is the first in a three-course series that covers basic WebSphere Application Server administrative concepts and skills. This course provides the foundational concepts for understanding the architecture of WebSphere Application Server and other products in the WebSphere family.
What You'll Learn
- Explain the relationships between various products in the WebSphere family
- Describe WebSphere Application Server V7 product offerings
- Describe the architecture of a standalone installation of WebSphere Application Server
- Describe the architectural components of a federated WebSphere Application Server installation
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for administrators who install, configure, and manage Web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web masters, lead application developers, and application architects may also find this course beneficial.
Students should have:
- An understanding of basic Internet concepts
- Experience using a Web browser
- Administration skills for a Web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic operational skills for the operating system used for the lab exercises
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course introduction
- WebSphere product family overview
- WebSphere Application Server architecture - standalone
- WebSphere Application Server architecture - federated
- Course summary