IBM Course Code: ZA009G
This is the third in a three-course series that covers basic WebSphere Application Server administrative concepts and skills. As the latest release of WebSphere Application Server, version 7 offers users enhanced support for standards, emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
This course provides the foundational concepts for configuring workload management for WebSphere Application Server through a combination of recorded lectures and demonstrations.
What You'll Learn
- Create a federated cell
- Configure workload management in WebSphere Application Server
- Use performance monitoring tools included with WebSphere Application Server
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for administrators who install, configure, and manage web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web masters, lead application developers, and application architects may also find this course beneficial.
- An understanding of basic Internet concepts
- Experience using a web browser
- Administration skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic operational skills for the operating system used for the lab exercises
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course introduction
- Federating a cell, including a detailed demonstration of creating a federated cell
- Workload management, including a demonstration of creating and testing a cluster
- Performance monitoring, including a demonstration of performance tools available in WebSphere Application Server
- Course summary