IBM Course Code: ZE952
Through recorded lectures and Adobe Flash demonstrations, this course teaches students how to configure and administer the IBM WebSphere Cast Iron Appliance.
The WebSphere Cast Iron Appliance is a purpose-built appliance that is designed to simplify cloud and on-premise application integration.
The course introduces students to the Cast Iron Appliance, with emphasis on appliance administration and administrative tools. Students learn how to configure and upgrade the appliance, create users, manage projects, back up the repository, and troubleshoot appliance issues. Recorded demonstrations throughout the course reinforce lecture content and enhance student understanding.
What You'll Learn
- Create and manage users
- Configure notifications by email
- Upgrade the Cast Iron Operating System (CIOS)
- Import an orchestration into the integration appliance
- Back up and restore the integration appliance repository
- Schedule downtime
- Use the command-line interface to:
- View and set the time zone
- Display network settings
- Modify log settings
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is designed for IBM WebSphere Cast Iron Integration Appliance administrators, application integrators, systems engineers, and business analysts who are involved in administering the IBM WebSphere Cast Iron Integration Appliance.
You should have:
- Familiarity with database management, Extensible Markup Language (XML), and scripting.
You should also be:
- Familiar with Cast Iron tools and be able to create, configure, deploy, and implement Cast Iron integration projects.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course introduction
- IBM WebSphere Cast Iron introduction
- Administrative tools
- Initial configuration
- Demonstration: Command-line interface
- Managing and monitoring projects
- Demonstration: Importing a project
- Demonstration: Configuring different runtime environments
- Demonstration: Saving and restoring the repository
- CIOS and library maintenance
- Demonstration: Upgrading the Cast Iron Operating System (CIOS)
- Managing the appliance
- Demonstration: Creating a user
- Demonstration: Configuring a Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) server
- Demonstration: Defining notifications
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic tools
- Course summary