This 4-day course teaches technical professionals the skills needed to administer and maintain WebSphere MQ Level 2 queue managers using WebSphere MQ for z/OS.
The course uses a combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on lab exercises to teach you how to install, customize, operate, and administer IBM WebSphere MQ. Topics covered in this course include configuration, day-to-day administration, problem recovery, and managing security and performance. In addition, the hands-on labs enable you to gain direct experience working with WebSphere MQ V7 by performing tasks such as creating and monitoring queue channels, setting up a mail application, and managing recovery.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- List the steps required to plan for and install WebSphere MQ V7 for z/OS
- Perform post-installation configuration of WebSphere MQ V7 for z/OS
- Describe the role of the WebSphere MQ administrator
- Perform day-to-day administration tasks
- Add and modify WebSphere MQ V7 resource definitions
- Plan for and administer WebSphere MQ V7 publish/subscribe capability
- Ensure successful recovery after system failures
- Plan for and implement WebSphere MQ V7 security considerations
- Use the supplied WebSphere MQ documentation to supplement the knowledge and skills gained in this course
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is designed for technical support professionals who implement, operate, and perform day-to-day administration of WebSphere MQ V7 on z/OS.
Before taking this course, students should have a solid understanding of WebSphere MQ concepts and facilities. This knowledge can be gained by experience or by successfully completing course Technical Introduction to WebSphere MQ V7 (WM100) or (VM100)
Students should also have a general understanding of the operation and use of z/OS.
- Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere MQ (WM101G)
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Enterprise messaging with WebSphere MQ
- IBM WebSphere MQ for z/OS installation and basic setup
- Exercise: Initial configuration
- WebSphere MQ administration
- Exercise: Creating queues
- Exercise: Mail application
- Distributed queuing
- Clients in WebSphere MQ for z/OS
- Exercise: Defining channels
- Exercise: Using and monitoring DQM channels
- Publish/subscribe integration
- Java Message Service
- Exercise: Using WebSphere MQ Explorer
- WebSphere MQ clusters
- Queue-sharing groups
- Exercise: Defining a cluster
- Event queues and dead-letter queue handling
- Recovery and restart
- Exercise: Working with event messages
- Exercise: Using DLQ
- Exercise: Recovery scenarios
- Problem determination
- MQI support for CICS and IMS applications