IBM Course Code: 1SX20
This course provides working knowledge on how to install, configure, and manage the IBM SmartCloud Entry self-service portal for the Cloud end user that complements IBM Systems Director VMControl, VMware vSphere, and various other cloud implementations. PureSystems/PureFlex considerations are also discussed.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Describe IBM SmartCloud Entry on x86 Systems concepts and basic capabilities
- Define the architecture of the IBM SmartCloud Entry
- List the virtual infrastructures that IBM SmartCloud Entry is capable of using
- Describe the integration of an IBM x86 Systems virtualization based infrastructure with IBM SmartCloud Entry for x86 Systems solution
- Define key terminology of IBM SmartCloud Entry for x86 Systems and the underlying virtual infrastructure
- Explain how to implement the IBM SmartCloud Entry for x86 Systems self-service portal on an IBM x86 Systems virtualization based infrastructure
- Install and configure IBM SmartCloud Entry for x86 Systems solution
- Perform selected tasks utilizing IBM SmartCloud Entry for x86 Systems self-service portal to:
- Perform administrative functions
- Manage virtual machines
- Administer the capabilities and configuration of the IBM SmartCloud Entry for x86 Systems solution
- Work with projects, workloads, billing and accounting, metering, request lifecycle, and approval lifecycle
- List the key steps to resolve common issues found with the IBM SmartCloud Entry for x86 Systems solution
- Perform basic problem determination steps with IBM SmartCloud Entry for x86 Systems solution
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for anyone responsible for implementing and managing a self-service Cloud infrastructure running on System x Cloud foundation components.
The audience for this training includes the following:
- Cloud end users
- Technical support individuals
- System administrators
- System engineers
- System architects
You are expected to have x86 virtualization and Storage knowledge. These skills can be obtained by attending the following courses or gained from equivalent experience:
- IBM Training courses on x86 virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Storage courses:
- IBM TotalStorage Productivity Center Workshop (SN855)
There are no follow-ons for this course.