IBM Course Code: 1SX30
You will learn how to install and configure SmartCloud provisioning on a System x server. Discussions will provide details about the hardware and software requirements including the use of System x blade and Redhat 6 operating system, portal access for administration, monitoring, debugging, as well as the available trouble-shooting tools.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the IBM SmartCloud Provisioning (SCP) product offering.
- Perform the installation of SCP 1.2 on a RedHat System x server
- Configure SCP on a System x server
- Use SCP to perform basic administrative tasks:
- Create a virtual environment for testing or running workloads.
- Minimize amount of physical HW and setup time.
- Utilize scalability and automation features to manage the virtual environments.
- Use appropriate tools to manage complex image repository
- Use SCP Administration and Troubleshooting tools
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course will help anyone responsible for implementing and managing a virtualized dynamic infrastructure on System x servers. You will learn how to implement and manage a private cloud infrastructure using IBM SmartCloud Provisioning on System x.
The audience for this training includes the following:
- System x technical support individuals
- System x system administrators
- System x system engineers
- System x system architects
You are expected to have:
- basic VMWare skills and
- basic understanding of Clouds
Some of these prerequisites may be met by attending the following IBM courses:
- Introduction to Cloud Computing Architecture (1SM00)
- Implementing a cloud with xcar and moab (XTR60)
- Implementing SmartCloud Entry on System x (1SX20)
There are no follow-ons for this course.