IBM Course Code: 1Z310G
This course is designed for anyone wants to get an understanding of how to use and customize the InfoSphere Master Data Management Server using the MDM Server Workbench. This course takes you through the process of setting up a local workstation to customizing the MDM Server using the MDM Server Workbench. The focus of the course is on the core features of the Workbench:
- Setting up a Development Environment
- Creating an Addition
- Creating an Extension
- Creating a Behavior Extension
- Creating a composite service
- Working with Product Types
- Creating a Spec, and importing a physical data model.
For each core area, the instructor will explain the high-level concepts, have you work with the feature and then demo and review the feature details. Heavy emphasis is put on exercises and activities, allowing you to apply the knowledge that you learn in the classroom, after course conclusion.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the MDM Architecture and how the MDM Server handles and XML request
- Understand the core Workbench features available for the MDM Server
- Setup your development environment by running workbench
- Understand the model based approach to create additions and extensions
- Create a new MDM Entity using the Workbench Wizard
- Extend an existing MDM Entity using the Workbench Wizard
- Extend an existing MDM Service using the Workbench Wizard
- Create a new Composite Service using a transient object containing other existing business objects
- Create a new MDM Spec using the Workbench Wizard
- Create a Product Type Hierarchy
- Create an Entity Subtype
- Import a Data Model into a MDM Server Module
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for Infrastructure Specialist, Senior Technical Specialist,Technical Specialist, Support Engineers, System Architects.
You should have attended
- InfoSphere MDM Server Overview (DC50) and InfoSphere MDM Server Domains (DC531) (ZZ300) OR have equivalent high-level understanding of MDM Server or WebSphere Customer Center (WCC)
It is also recommended that you have working knowledge of Java development and XML concepts as it will be used during the exercises.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Workspace Setup
- MDM Server Architecture
- Model Based Development
- Data Additions
- Data Extensions
- Behavior Extensions
- Composite Services
- Product Types
- Entity SubTypes
- Importing a Data Model