IBM Course Code: 0K437G
This self-paced training course will cover educate the attendee on how to integrate custom programming functions with IBM SPSS Statistics. Topics covered include:
- Understand and explain the concepts and benefits of programmability
- Locate information on and install existing extension commands
- Create custom dialog boxes
- Create syntax definitions for extension commands
- Create extension commands in Python or R
Who Needs to Attend
This course is a natural follow-on to the introductory SPSS Statistics Syntax I course and is designed for experienced users wishing to extend the funcationality of the IBM SPSS Statistics software with custom routines, external algorithms.
You should have:
- Advanced knowledge of IBM SPSS Statistics and completion of the Data Management and Manupilation with IBM SPSS Statistics, Syntax 1.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Introduction to Extending IBM SPSS Statistics
- The Custom Dialog Builder
- The Extension Facility
- Defining the Extension Syntax
- From the IBM SPSS Statistics Parser to the Worker Function
- The Python or R Worker Function