IBM Course Code: 9U02G
This course is for marketers and related professionals, who use IBM eMessage to create, design, execute, and manage email campaigns. The course introduces tasks and functions in IBM eMessage associated with all these roles.
This course consists of a series of video demonstrations of IBM eMessage functionality.
What You'll Learn
- Know the purposes of eMessage and how it is used by the three major roles.
- Become familiar with the functional architecture of IBM eMessage.
- Be able to use eMessage to create a Standard Mailing.
- Use eMessage and IBM Campaign to create a flowchart that generates a Recipient List and then assign that list to a Mailing.
- Become familiar with fundamental Document Composer concepts and objects such as communications, personalization fields, templates, and the Content Library.
- Be able to create a simple to complex email communication from a template.
- Be able to add personalization fields, hyperlinks, and images to emails and landing pages.
- Be able to build conditional content into an eMessage communication.
- Understand the fundamental elements of a template used by marketers in eMessage to create a communication.
- Be able to use the email testing features of eMessage to identify email transmission and delivery issues.
- Be able to run and monitor the execution of a Mailing generated by eMessage.
- Be familiar with the procedure for using eMessage to conduct an A/B Testing Mailing, where two variations of the same email or two different emails are tested, and the more successful version is sent to your email recipients.
- Be able to use the eMessage Scheduler to configure and execute a scheduled Mailing.
- Become familiar with the concepts and uses of Transactional Mailings.
Who Needs to Attend
This basic course is for Marketers, Campaign Designers, eMail Designers, and eMail Managers.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- eMessage Architecture
- Creating a Standard Mailing
- Creating a Recipient List
- Creating a Simple eMail Communication
- Building an Email Communication with Droppable Zones and Rules
- Working with Landing Pages
- Working with Templates for eMessage Communications
- Testing the Mailing
- Running and Monitoring the Mailing
- Tracking and Analyzing Results
- A/B Testing Mailings
- Scheduling Mailings
- Transactional Mailings