This course is intended for those new to Mac OS X who need to prepare for the Mac
OS X Support Essentials course or other technical Mac OS X training courses.
You will learn the foundations of Mac OS X, with topics ranging from efficient window
and application management to system customization. You'll also learn how to configure
user accounts and manage files.
Who Needs to Attend
Individuals new to the Mac OS X platform who need to obtain the skills to support
other Mac OS X users including:
- Entry-level IT personnel in businesses that use Mac OS X systems
- Service technicians who support Mac OS X customers
- Technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of Mac OS X systems
for their organization
Practical working knowledge of computers
There are no follow-ons for this course.
1. Mac OS X user interface
2. Mac OS X basics
3. Customize system-wide preferences and user preferences
4. Using the Mac OS X help system
5. How common applications integrate with each other
6. Managing multiple applications and multiple windows within applications
7. Dashboard and Automator
8. Basic principles of file sharing and working with multiple users