IBM Course Code: TOS56G
This course consists of five modules that consist of recorded lectures, and recorded demonstrations that are designed to provide a solid foundation in the features and functions of the Jazz for Service Management Reporting Service.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the functional architecture of Jazz for Service Management
- Describe the features and functions available in Tivoli Common Reporting V3.1
- Describe the Tivoli Common Reporting installation procedure
- Describe how to obtain ready-to-use Cognos reports for use with Tivoli Common Reporting
- Import Cognos report packages into Tivoli Common Reporting
- Navigate the user interface to locate, submit, schedule, email, and print reports
- Describe how an IBM Cognos workspace is used to create personalized access to IBM Cognos content and external data.
- Create a basic workspace using pre-built reports from Netcool/OMNIbus and Tivoli Network Manager
- Create a basic custom report using Cognos Report Studio
Who Needs to Attend
This basic-level course is for anyone who needs to understand the fundamentals of IBM's Jazz for Service Management Reporting Service.
You should have:
- General understanding of Information Technology implementations in a business environment.
- Basic understanding of Tivoli Common Reporting and the Cognos report engine
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Jazz for Service Management Overview
- Features, functions and architecture
Overview and what's new in TCR 3.1/Cognos 10.2 reporting
- TCR architecture overview and what's new
Installing and using reports in Jazz for Service Management Reporting Service
- Tivoli Common Reporting installation overview
- Installing Tivoli Common Reporting
- Installing ready-to-use reports
- Working with reports
Basic Report Creation with Cognos Report Studio
- Using Report Studio to create a custom report
Basic Workspace Creation
- Workspace features and functions
- Creating a simple workspace
- Creating a filtered workspace
- Creating a complex filtered workspace