IBM Course Code: ZA504G
In this course, you learn about the capabilities of IBM Worklight and how to use it to deploy and manage mobile applications.
The course begins with overviews of mobile development, IBM Worklight V6, and Worklight Studio. You then learn about the essential administrative tasks that are involved with the management of cross-platform mobile applications.
The course covers topics that include IBM Worklight security, push notification monitoring, operational analytics, direct update and version management, migrating applications from development to test or production, and managing applications with the IBM Application Center.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows platform.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the various mobile application design approaches
- Describe the capabilities of IBM Worklight
- Describe the Worklight runtime architecture
- Explain Worklight application security concepts
- Secure the Worklight server environment
- Use the Worklight console to monitor push notifications
- Manage application updates and versions
- Migrate applications from a development to a production environment
- Monitor device usage statics and generate analytic reports
- Configure the IBM Application Center and use it to manage mobile application distribution within an organization
- Tune the Worklight Server
- Describe the Worklight deployment capabilities of IBM PureApplication System
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is designed for experienced system administrators who want to deploy and manage applications to Android and iOS* mobile environments by using IBM Worklight V6.
You should have experience in WebSphere system administration. A basic knowledge of web application development with Eclipse is helpful.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Course introduction
- Mobile overview
- Introduction to IBM Worklight V6.0
- Introduction to Worklight Studio and the Mobile Browser Simulator
- Exercise: Exploring IBM Worklight Studio and the Mobile Browser Simulator
- Worklight security for administrators
- Push notification management
- Worklight operational analytics
- Direct update
- Migrating an application from development to production
- Exercise: Installing IBM Worklight Server and migrating an application
- IBM Application Center
- Exercise: Exploring the IBM Application Center
- Tuning Worklight Server
- IBM PureApplication System and Worklight
- Course summary