IBM Course Code: AS5F0
Learn the objectives, prerequisites, installation, and managing steps of PowerVM advanced features like Suspend/Resume, Active Memory Sharing, Live Partition Mobility, and Shared Storage Pools. All learning materials are primarily focused on IBM i as a client partition and dual VIOS as host environment. Part of this course is a presentation of the tools for monitoring a virtualized environment.
Access Your Class Recording for Six Months
Enjoy six months of access to a fully indexed and searchable recording of your class when you choose our
Virtual Classroom Live learning experience.
What You'll Learn
- Implement the Suspend/Resume PowerVM feature
- Implement the Active Memory Sharing PowerVM feature
- Implement the Logical Partition Mobility PowerVM feature
- Implement the shared storage pools PowerVM feature
- Use tools for monitoring a virtualized environment
Who Needs to Attend
This course is for technical specialists, support/services individuals, and individuals implementing PowerVM features for Power Systems with IBM i. This course is also appropriate for IBM Business Partners who sell and plan for consolidated systems.
You should have:
- Attended PowerVM on IBM i - I: Implementing Virtualization and LPAR (AS5E0)
- Some knowledge of Power system architectural concepts
- Some experience with Power System servers
Entry level knowledge of LPAR on current systems is helpful, but not required.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
- Unit 1: Suspend and Resume
- Exercise 1: eLab access, installation, navigation, and Secure Shell
- Exercise 2: Suspend/Resume
- Unit 2: Active Memory Sharing
- Exercise 3: Active Memory Sharing
- Unit 3: Live Partition Mobility
- Exercise 4: Live Partition Mobility
- Unit 4: Shared storage pools
- Exercise 5: Shared storage pools
- Unit 5: Monitoring tools
- Exercise 6: Monitoring tools for virtualized environment